Monday 2 February 2009

Extra Tuition in Reading, Writing, Spelling etc., for Children in Cape Town


EXTRA TUITION
experienced teacher

Grade 1-5

Reading • Comprehension • Writing
Spelling • Story Writing
Project Planning • Maths (up to grade 4)
Rosemary: Tel: 021 762 1577
Cell: 083 510 8709



My approach is to structure each lesson to the needs of the individual pupil, using all the experience and tools at my disposal. I have devised games for phonics which are suitable for older children who have not learnt these sounds at an earlier age and also for the difficult words which are the exception to every rule.

I keep each exercise short, and in an hour's lesson, there are a variety of activities to encourage the child to read. I have purchased books which are easy reads with the content of interest to 9 - 12 year olds. For those who are not interested in writing "stories" as such, we are working on lyrics set to well known pop tunes. I suppose one could call this a form of poetry! It is stretching it a bit, but one pupil in particular, has found this very exciting!

Children come to me after school, so that means they are quite tired and therefore each lesson starts with four Brain Gym exercises + that very important glass of water. After that, the hour goes quickly and at the end, the pupils seem reluctant to leave. I find it satisfying to see them leave with a spring in their step and a smile on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails